Thursday Thirteen: 13 things that happend in 1985
Thursday Thirteen: 13 Things that happened in 1985, the year I was born
- March 20th – I was born
- January 1st – first British cell phone call
- March 4th – The FDA approves a blood screening test for AIDS
- March 11th – Mikhail Gorbachev becomes the General Secretary of the Soviet Communist Party
- April 23rd – Coke changes its formula and releases New Coke. It is a failure and the original coke is released again.
- June 23rd – Air India Flight 182 blows up south of Ireland, killing all 329 aboard.
- June 37th – Route 66 is decommissioned
- July 24th – Commodore launches the Amiga
- August 6th – the 40th anniversary of Hiroshima
- September 1st – Titanic wreck located
- October 18th – the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) is released in the US
- November 20th – Windows 1.0 is released
- December 1st – Ford Taurus is released